Interesting issue with tito

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 18:53:09 UTC 2011

Zeus helped me debug this. Issue is that I had a directory like this:

headpin
   /src
   headpin.spec

I do tito init, and it works. Howvever, the root in
rel-eng/packages/headpin is / which means the spec file needs to
reference files relative to src. Nasty.

So.. at this point, I am at SHA-! in git, and my directory looks like:

headpin
   /src
   /rel-eng
   headpin.spec

So, I edit rel-eng/packages/headpin and change the root to src/. I
commit, and git is at SHA-2

I cd into src, and run tito build --test --rpm. All sorts of wierd stuff
occurs that makes no sense. The reason is that the first thing which
tito does is runs:

git log --pretty=format:%H --max-count=1 .

this will return SHA-1 since I am running this in src. If I run this in
the root i get SHA-2. I think that this causing tito to get confused in
many different ways. Tagging would probably fix this as it would apply
to all directories.

-- bk