Event Model Design

Justin Harris jharris at redhat.com
Tue May 18 19:23:48 UTC 2010

----- "Devan Goodwin" <dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca> wrote:

> Just sketching out some rough notes on the event model after
> conversations with Dmitri:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/candlepin/wiki/EventModel
>
> This will be changing a bit but that's the general idea thus far.
> Lemme know what you think. Going to start prototyping and see what
> happens.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Devan

We touched on this earlier, but how should we handle a failure/exception by a particular handler?

We could either:
 - Keep going and silently ignore it
 - Treat each event as a transaction and roll everything back (this seems hard)
 - Maybe treat the default db persistence as a special case and only fire other events if this succeeds?
 - probably other ways