FTE Server updates

Chris Alfonso calfonso at redhat.com
Fri May 7 14:52:08 UTC 2010

On 07/05/10 10:45 -0400, Wes Hayutin wrote:
>I think there was confusion regarding QE and the FTE server. The only
>requirement we've had is that changes in the servers code or
>availability be announced on imanage-qe-list at redhat.com.
>
>I think the confusion was from the one time test day we hosted two weeks
>ago.  I'm sure that updates have been made to the FTE server since the
>test day, possibly not the candlepin build itself, but I'm a little
>unclear how and why we're now being asked if we want the server
>updated.

I can probably clarify this a little.  When we set up the FTE machine
I asked what the process should be for you guys to know when updates
are coming and when the updates have finished getting pushed.  From my
perspective, you all need to know what you're testing, and if we just
push an update while you're trying to verify a defect, it's going to
drive you bonkers.  My understanding is that you all would request an
update when your test run was finished.  I'm totally fine with just
pushing an update out as soon as it's available.

I think zeus mentioned he can probably set up a twice a week tagging
of candlepin.