FTE Server updates

Wes Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Fri May 7 14:45:56 UTC 2010

I think there was confusion regarding QE and the FTE server. The only
requirement we've had is that changes in the servers code or
availability be announced on imanage-qe-list at redhat.com.

I think the confusion was from the one time test day we hosted two weeks
ago.  I'm sure that updates have been made to the FTE server since the
test day, possibly not the candlepin build itself, but I'm a little
unclear how and why we're now being asked if we want the server
updated.

Either way, I dont want QE holding up IT or the candlepin team.  If you
guys need to get something done, shoot from the hip.  Just email us ;)
Our preference would be to have FTE use the latest git tag, however I
would not say its a requirement.

Hopefully this will clear up any confusion on our part, and get updates
deployed faster. If we need to freeze updates to FTE in the future we
will specifically ask for it.  I'll make sure we're more clear once
we're complete.

Thanks