[Beaker-devel] Beaker 0.15 released!

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 08:18:50 UTC 2013

On behalf of the Beaker development team, I'm pleased to announce that
Beaker v0.15 is now available from beaker-project.org [1].

In this release, we have completed the first phase of the "Access
Policies for Systems" design proposal [2], adding more fine-grained
permissions that allow system owners to control how other users and
groups make use of their systems:

http://beaker-project.org/docs-release-0.15/user-guide/systems/sharing.html

As part of providing the policy editor needed for this new feature, the
technology stack for the main Beaker web interface has also seen several
upgrades. The most visible of these updates is the migration of the web
UI style to be based on Bootstrap CSS. The current theme is almost
entirely unmodified Bootstrap, as we plan to work towards supporting
custom site-specific themes in a future release. Under the hood we have
also started the migration from the legacy TurboGears1 framework to
Flask and have adopted Backbone.js to make it easier to create
responsive client side widgets for complex interactions (like the access
policy editor).

Additional details about the above features and smaller changes for this
release can be found in the release notes here:

  http://beaker-project.org/docs/whats-new/release-0.15.html

Regards,
Nick

[1] http://beaker-project.org/releases/
[2]
http://beaker-project.org/dev/proposals/access-policies-for-systems.html#proposal-access-policies

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)