[Beaker-devel] First draft of reservations design proposal

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 03:25:45 UTC 2013

On 09/27/2013 09:20 PM, Ales Zelinka wrote:
> On 26.9.2013 10:47, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> [snip]
>>
> Hi, will this only work for reservations at the end of the recipe (after
> all the tasks are finished)? We often (repeatedly) reserve a system in
> the middle of the run (e.g. to manually setup/inspect the environment
> before running the rest of the recipe).

The new mechanism will only be for reservations at the end of the run.
Since reserving in the middle of the run is necessarily harness
dependent, the reservesys task will continue to be needed for that use
case. I'll clarify that point in the next draft.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)