[Beaker-devel] Automatically updating docs on beaker-project.org?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Thu Sep 26 06:54:45 UTC 2013

Does the last RAM upgrade for beaker-project.org give it enough grunt to
run a Sphinx docs build locally?

It would be nice if we could just have cron jobs on there periodically
updating the various docs* directories directly from git rather than
having to do the git submodules dance to publish the website.

master -> docs/
develop -> docs-develop/
release-0.15 -> docs-release-0.15/
(etc...)

If we didn't want the release docs autoupdating, then we could run those
off tags rather than branches. If the server has the capacity now, it
seems like it would be reasonably straightforward to set that up based
on a data file committed to the main beaker-project.org repo and stop
building from the git submodules.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)