[Beaker-devel] /virt/install problems with guest console logs

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Wed Dec 18 09:00:01 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 06:19 PM, Jan Stancek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking into problem where we get duplicated output on RHEL5 Xen
> guest console logs after reboot and while testing my patch I found 2 more issues.
> I made a patch for problem 1, but I'm not sure what we can do about 2 and 3.

Thanks, we'll get an updated task published soon.

> Do we still need rhts-compat? Is there an option to turn it off so people could
> try to run their tests without it and check if any tests need it?

Unfortunately, there's currently nothing as simple as a "no_rhts_compat"
ks_meta var to forcibly skip turning it on. Adding one would probably be
a good idea, though (we already have the conditional logic separated out
to deal with RHEL7 and recent Fedora versions where it simply doesn't
work because it is incompatible with systemd).

I suggest filing a bug for the console log issues, and we can at least
add the new ks_meta option so people can workaround the problem, even if
we can't figure out how to solve it automatically.

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan