[Beaker-devel] Docs/overview for using autotest in Beaker?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 03:52:41 UTC 2013

Hi Don, Bill, LMR,

I saw that the pull request for Beaker harness API support in autotest has been merged. I'd like to link to that feature from beaker-project.org, so I was wondering if there was anything published anywhere (even a blog or mailing list post) that covered the details of:

1. What to add to a job/recipe definition to specify autotest as the harness
2. What, if anything, to add to the task list in the recipe to configure autotest appropriately
3. What, if anything, to include in an autotest job to make it suitable for running inside Beaker
4. How the result reporting works when using autotest as a harness inside Beaker (Do the results just go to Beaker? Or does normal autotest reporting still happen as well?)

If there isn't, we'd be happy to accept a patch on Gerrit to add an autotest section to http://beaker-project.org/docs/alternative-harnesses/ :)

Somewhat related, is there a tentative date yet for the next autotest release?

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)