repoinfo.conf and older releases

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 14:55:46 UTC 2010

Greetings,

Currently, we don't remove old releases from repoinfo.conf.  However, we
do mark some of them (only the dist-fXX entries)  as
'isactiverelease=no'.  This affects some test results in that we don't
have a way to determine what releases are no longer needed for testing.
Specifically, this affects the post-repo-update watcher, and the
upgradepath test.

For example with upgradepath, we are testing a proposed
f13-updates-testing package against everything from dist-f10 to dist-f15
(see sample result [1]).  While the results from older unmaintained
releases may be interesting, they shouldn't affect the test outcome.
Some options to address this ...

     1. Use isactiverelease more - In a recent commit
        (6b3ae44dee122b030bcede1a2059a7533ee8203f), we introduced the
        'isactiverelease' repoinfo.conf option.  This is currently only
        used on the unmaintained dist-fNN entires.  I'd propose we use
        this for all unmaintained repoinfo.conf entries (includes
        -updates and -updates-testing) *and* updating any tests or
        scripts to honor this option.
     2. Remove (or comment out) unmaintained releases - Certainly an
        option, but my preference is #1 for some reason.  But if folks
        overwhelmingly feel that just removing older entries is
        ideal ... I can't think of any objections.

Thoughts/concerns/comments?

Note, I think there is another upgradepath problem present in this
test ... I'll leave that for another mail (any takers on what it is?).

Thanks,
James

[1]
https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-results/2010-September/037544.html