#201 - First spin of using MASH

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 13:44:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 12:32 -0400, Josef Skladanka wrote:
> Hello gang!
>
> Script provided in the attached patch contains:
>   - mash config file (autoqa.mash)
>   - magical script (mash_packages.py)
>
> mash_packages.py is a script, which downloads packages
> from koji (according to the supplied envr), creates a
> repository structure using these packages, and then
> runs MASH on this repository.

Exciting!  Nicely done Josef :)

> Be aware, that MASH only supports ['ppc', 'x86_64', 'sparc', 's390x']
> Other architectures are skipped (as there is no need for
> mash there, i guess).

Okay, that makes sense.  I guess that also answers another question I
had about whether MASH was used for providing multiple 32b versions of a
package in a single tree (i586 and i686 packages living together in
harmony).  Not sure if we have this anymore though.

> To run the script you need to:
>   - install the mash (yum install mash)

This will need to be added to the depcheck setup() method ... wwoods?

>   - symlink (or copy) the autoqa.mash to /etc/mash

Hmm, good question.  With regards to packaging, do we treat autoqa.mash
like we treat other test-specific configuration files (e.g. irb.conf)
and keep it in the same directory, or do we treat it like repoinfo.conf
and move it into a system-wide configuration directory.

> to run the script, simply call it like this
>
> python mash_package.py /tmp/some_dir curl-7.19.6-10.fc12
>
> The first argument is the directory in which the repo will
> be created, the second is envr (curl is multilib btw.)
>
> I'll be glad for any feedback

Josef and I spoke a bit on IRC, my only question was what is the next
step?  If I understand correctly, it's time to integrate this script
into the depcheck test (or just call it from inside depcheck)?

Thanks,
James