[imgfac] centos, support for non-cloud xen, vmware (persona/enterprise)

Anthony R Tiradani tiradani at fnal.gov
Wed May 22 13:33:05 UTC 2013

Hi Darren,

It appears that this project is also being deprecated, which is a real shame.

What you want is OZ or Image Factory.  I use OZ since Image Factory has no concept of one and only one image per set of unique parameters.  Every build is a new image.  However, Image Factory uses OZ under the covers so you end up using the same code to build the image in either case.

The other thing to note is that the part that executes the customization commands tends to be quite fragile.  I have resorted to putting anything complex into a script and executing the script from the commands section.

Hope this helps.

Anthony Tiradani
tiradani at fnal.gov<mailto:tiradani at fnal.gov>
+1 630 840 4479