How to deploy our new jekyll website

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 17:23:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:19:14AM -0500, Steve Linabery wrote:

> > > planning.aeolusproject.org works for me too.
> > >
> > > Anyone have objections to that?
> > >
> > > Regards and best wishes,
> > >
> > > Justin Clift
> > >

> > tracker.aeolusproject.org ?
> >
> >   -Mo
>
> Ah nothing like a spirited naming discussion.
>
> issues -> doesn't have a negative connotation to me (better than 'bugs'!), and even so, who cares? However seems to me we're doing more than tracking issues.
>
> planning -> seems to me to be the best description of what we're doing with this tool
>
> tracker -> adequate but I prefer planning.

I have a radical suggestion I would like to throw out for comment:

I was talking to Matt Hicks the other day, of OpenShift, and he claims
they are moving *their entire agile setup* to GitHub. Basically they're
going to ditch stories in Rally and move them to the GitHub issue
tracker instead.

Now, I'm the first to admit that the GitHub issue tracker isn't the
greatest tool ever to come down the pike, but you have to love the
integration with the rest of the GitHub services and so on.

So, rather than go through a whole dance with Redmine and the wiki and
the website and GitHub Pages and so on, would it be worth considering
just moving the whole shooting match to GitHub? If it's good enough for
OpenShift, I'd think it would be good enough for us.

(For the record, OpenShift has a rather nice "only the bot can merge
pull requests after it makes sure all the tests pass" setup that keeps a
tight lid on accidental merges. I think we would need something like
this too.)

Let me know what you think,
--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey