Image Management Engine Vote (2)

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 19:55:19 UTC 2012

On 14/09/12 15:00 -0400, Matt Wagner wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 04:50:17AM +1000, Justin Clift wrote:
>> >
>> > Lastly, let's put this in a new email thread, so it doesn't get
>> > buried(?).
>>

>> For a revote, let's just pick the top 3 from the previous run
>> (of the non-taken ones), to focus the potentials?
>>

>Yeah, the problem is that the top one was already taken.
>
>I was about to reply to this email myself, to propose that "Klaus" be
>added an option.
>
>I had proposed Gabelstapler, German for forklift. While searching for
>that we found that fake forklift safety video about Klaus the
>Staplerfahrer (lift driver).
>
>People don't seem to be keen on naming components long German names, but
>'Klaus' is nice and short.
>
>-- Matt

As I said, I am not opposed to Gabelstapler being in the list, I just think it
is far too long.  And sure, throw in Klaus too.  I have to say though,
I am liking more and more the 1/2-jokig suggestion I made of 'IME' a
la iwhd.  It woudl require no work to rename any code and would simple
be a shorter name for the gem.  To sloranz's concern, it would keep
'image management' in the name, making it easier to find via google
(or whatever second-rate other search engine someone may use).

-j