Musing: Things we need (code-wise)

Scott Seago sseago at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 14:05:35 UTC 2012

On 09/13/2012 06:12 PM, Richard Su wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 02:23 PM, Matt Wagner wrote:
>
>> * The ability to use multiple datacenters with one RHEV or vSphere
>>   provider, or good documentation explaining how to handle this
>>   (probably common) use case.
> Some use cases on how multiple datacenters in a single provider would
> work would be useful. Or how it differs from having a provider for
> each datacenter. It is unclear to me how the user would like it to
> function

Here's where the glossary is useful too. If I"m remembering correctly,
for RHEV,  a datacenter _is_ a provider, which means that, by definition
you have only one datacenter per provider, but multiple clusters. This
is similar to ec2, where you can't have multiple regions (us-east-1,
eu-west-1, etc) per provider, since the region _is_ the provider.

So when we discuss providers, provider accounts, and realms -- we need
to be clear on how those map to the provider-specific examples with ec2,
RHEV, etc.

Scott