[DELTACLOUD-INTERNAL] New Buttons - feedback needed

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 18:08:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 05:48:32PM +0200, Jaromír Coufal wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I have prepared new buttons. You can find them here:
> http://codepen.io/coufalj/pen/LeDbF
>
> Please let me know, if you think that we need some additional types
> for Conductor or Katello. Looking forward to your feedback.

Overall, I like these! They look good aesthetically, and I like the
subtle color shift on hover.

The button grouping looks weird to me with multi-colored buttons. This
example might be an extreme case, though. It just looks overly colorful
and attention-getting. (And a bit like a flag.)

We currently have some green buttons, especially around launch. Will
those stay as-is, or are they going to be replaced with blue? (I have no
opinion on the matter; just thinking out loud.)

One nit-picky opinion thing: at the bottom of the page, you should the
Save button the left, and "Cancel" on the right. For whatever reason,
this just feels backwards from what I'm used to: I expect the primary
submit action to be on the right, with cancel being off to the left.
This may very well be baseless and just my personal opinion (or the
tyranny of right-handed people?), but I thought I'd mention it in case
other people also thought it felt "backwards."