Replacing Cucumber

Michal Fojtik mfojtik at redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 10:30:30 UTC 2012

On Nov 22, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Tomas Sedovic <tsedovic at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/22/2012 08:42 AM, Martin Povolny wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Many of the developers agree with dropping cucumber. No one was against
>> it. Reasons where given in a different thread.
>
> I'd like to point out that everyone who replied to the previous thread was in Brno. Today's Thanksgiving in the US so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even get to the email.
>
> I recommend we wait before declaring consensus at least until Monday.

+1

Sorry for keeping advocating Minitest:

http://metaskills.net/2011/03/26/using-minitest-spec-with-rails/

You can also use Minitest with Capibara in Rails.

As I mentioned, the minitest pros is that it is part of the Ruby
standard library, so no extra dependencies. It has lovely DSL and it is
highly extendable :)

  -- Michal

>> Some of you expressed need to discuss this topic so I would like to open
>> a discussion on what we do next.
>>
>> We probably do not want to have each test written in a different way so
>> we have to agree on a way.
>>
>> I suggest writing controller and view tests using RSpec and Capybara.
>>
>> Different ideas?
>>
>> I accent that I do not want to rewrite anything I just want to allow
>> faster creation of tests using more programmer-friendly tools to get
>> better test coverage.
>>
>> Can we agree on this?

Michal Fojtik
http://deltacloud.org