Aeolus Developer Conference Report. ACKS REQUIRED BY NOV 13.

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Sun Nov 11 12:36:49 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 11:12:54PM +0100, Giulio Fidente wrote:
> On 11/10/2012 11:37 AM, Hugh Brock wrote:
> >   "Aeolus mission: to provide superior tools and workflows for flexible
> >   construction, management, and monitoring of multi-instance systems
> >   across clouds."
>
> Is it too late to propose some _minor_ changes? With the intention of
> give new visitors an immediate understanding of how to position Aeolus,
> I thought a slightly different terminology could help:
>
> "to provide superior tools and workflows for flexible construction,
> management, and monitoring of multi-instance deployments across cloud
> providers"

It is not too late -- the mission statement has not been discussed or
ACKed on list yet.

Having said that I would like to get both the mission statement and the
governance issues resolved quickly. On the mission statement, proposals
for changes must be in by end-of-day November 13, and we will vote on
Friday November 16. I've already asked for ACKs or proposed changes on
governance by November 13, so let's also schedule a final vote on that
for November 16.

BTW I seem to recall there was a proposal last week for a
community-management mailing list that would basically be all kinds of
upstream discussion *except* patches -- am I remembering that right?
Whosever idea it was, please go ahead and create the list.

Thanks to all,
--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey