ACA Side Topic - Proposal: templates.aeolusproject.org

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 15:05:14 UTC 2012

On 08/06/2012, at 5:46 PM, Mo Morsi wrote:
<snip>
> Shameless self promotion, but the Snap tool [1] that I've been
> sporadically working on has the ability to generate TDL's from a running
> cloud instance. I could easily add the ability to tie this to this site,
> where a user can automatically upload a TDL corresponding to an instance
> they have running on the cloud.

Curiosity question... how does Snap handle old package versions and manual
customisations?

For (rough) example, if a cloud instance was originally built using ancient
versions of packages, plus someone logged into it post build to make manual
changes.

Would the version "rebuilt" from Snap's TDL of it have the manual changes,
and would it want to use the same ancient package versions? (or would it go
for newer versions?)

:)

+ Justin

--