presenting Aeolus at the OLF

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 21:19:12 UTC 2012

On 01/08/2012, at 6:11 AM, Mo Morsi wrote:
> I just was offered a slot to present Aeolus at The Ohio LinuxFest [1].
> The OLF is one of the biggest community-run Linux conferences in the
> States so it'll be a great opportunity to share / promote the project to
> a wide / diverse audience.
>
> The conference is at the end of September, so besides my usual security
> and other work up to then, I'm going to be taking some time to throw
> together and send around a quality presentation for the event. I would
> like to heavily lean on a demo, using the wui and cli tools to deploy to
> the cloud using a hosted instance of Aeolus (even if that is non-public
> at the time being). I'd like to skip over the configure / setup stuff
> and just demonstrate the meat and bones of using the application to
> deploy to the cloud.
>
> Any thoughts, comments, presentation material, etc would be appreciated,

We know for sure that oVirt 3.0, vSphere, and EC2 all work end-to-end
with complex deployment configurations handled by Audrey.

Maybe demonstrate launching the _exact same complex deployments_ on all
three, from the exact same template files, to show off the cross virt
/ cross cloud thing?

For that, the Wordpress setup example is pretty straightforward, but
is exactly visually stunning... maybe something similar with more "Wow"
looking type punch to it?

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Community Manager