RFC: Sprint summary emails

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 21:36:15 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 04:03:59PM -0500, Steve Loranz wrote:
> Why wouldn't one just look at the current sprint in Redmine? This seems redundant.
>
> -steve

I debated this a bit. In my opinion it's not, but there's a decent case
to be made the other way.

The short answer to the "why" is that we don't currently do a good job
of providing any information on Redmine.

Obviously, we should use the descriptions I mentioned on Redmine as
well, so the open question is whether it's worthwhile to duplicate it in
email or not. My thinking was that it was worthwhile, as a nice way to
provide a summary of each sprint ahead of time. You could get the
information if you perused Redmine and clicked on all the stories, but
it seemed to me like there may be value in consolidating everything into
one "overview" sort of email.

That said -- if we decide it is indeed needlessly redundant, and
started writing valuable descriptions for tasks instead[1], I'd be
perfectly happy.

-- Matt

[1] I'm primarily thinking of Conductor's task descriptions. It may be
that other sub-projects already do a much better job here.