Desktop Client for Aeolus

Hugh O. Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 22:30:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 04:04:17PM -0400, Mo Morsi wrote:
> As many of you know, Nitesh has been hard at work developing a QT
> interface and client for the Aeolus API. He's been volunteering some of
> his own time to develop the application and to learn about and help
> promote Aeolus. I would like to thank him and highlight / share his
> progress so far.
>
> He's made great headway, implementing a desktop-based login interface
> [1] for Aeolus, which after it is invoked, presents the user with an
> interface to configure cloud providers and images [2]. Currently there
> is support for listing providers [3], creating new ones [4], editing,
> and deleting them, as well as building and pushing images [5]. We will
> be looking to expand the utility to support other operations on the
> Conductor interface as they are added to the api, including provider
> account, hardware profile, and instance management.
>
> I encourage anyone who is interested to checkout [6] and run the
> application. The dependencies are minimal and it is easy to get up and
> running against a Conductor instance (all build and run instructions are
> in the project README). Any feedback or comments would be more than welcome.
>
> Many thanks go out to Nitesh for all his hard work, and I look forward
> to continuing to work with him in the future.
>   -Mo
>
> [1] http://mo.morsi.org/files/gsoc/aeolus-gui/02-login.png
> [2] http://mo.morsi.org/files/gsoc/aeolus-gui/03-main-menu.png
> [3] http://mo.morsi.org/files/gsoc/aeolus-gui/04-cloud-providers.png
> [4] http://mo.morsi.org/files/gsoc/aeolus-gui/05-new-provider.png
> [5] http://mo.morsi.org/files/gsoc/aeolus-gui/06-new-image.png
> [6] https://github.com/niteshnarayanlal/Aeolus-gui

What a cool idea! How about adding a "v2v this vSphere image to RHEV"
button...

--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey