Desktop Client for Aeolus

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 20:04:17 UTC 2012

As many of you know, Nitesh has been hard at work developing a QT
interface and client for the Aeolus API. He's been volunteering some of
his own time to develop the application and to learn about and help
promote Aeolus. I would like to thank him and highlight / share his
progress so far.

He's made great headway, implementing a desktop-based login interface
[1] for Aeolus, which after it is invoked, presents the user with an
interface to configure cloud providers and images [2]. Currently there
is support for listing providers [3], creating new ones [4], editing,
and deleting them, as well as building and pushing images [5]. We will
be looking to expand the utility to support other operations on the
Conductor interface as they are added to the api, including provider
account, hardware profile, and instance management.

I encourage anyone who is interested to checkout [6] and run the
application. The dependencies are minimal and it is easy to get up and
running against a Conductor instance (all build and run instructions are
in the project README). Any feedback or comments would be more than welcome.

Many thanks go out to Nitesh for all his hard work, and I look forward
to continuing to work with him in the future.
  -Mo

[1] http://mo.morsi.org/files/gsoc/aeolus-gui/02-login.png
[2] http://mo.morsi.org/files/gsoc/aeolus-gui/03-main-menu.png
[3] http://mo.morsi.org/files/gsoc/aeolus-gui/04-cloud-providers.png