Aeolus website improvements

Marcus Moeller marcus.moeller at gmx.ch
Fri Jul 13 18:11:58 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

> some time ago, I go trough with Jan Wildeboer to see what's wrong with our
> the website and so on. Until now we've an huge list of things that from
> my point should be changed asap.
>
> A quick list:
>
> - Have in frontpage a videoclip explaining what Aeolus is or have a
> video of a general introduction (elevator pitch, lightning talk) on the
> front page.
> - The architecture picture of Aeolus in the frontpage.
> - Having the mailing list link and the IRC channel in plain sight.
> - The newest "recent news" is 3 months old, we should update it fastly.
> - The developer info says "Open Source" but not which license.

This is an important fact

> - We should really separate more between the users we want to attract
> and the developers you are interested in. We should keep this in mind
> and work on it.
> - Mailing list where users can discuss usecases for aeolus.

We need an aeolus-users mailinglist, that's true.

> - Mailing list where developers discuss how to develop the project.
> - Create quick videos on the most common usecases like:
>     - "I am a VMWare admin - how can I use Aeolus?"
>     - "I am a DevOps -  how can I use Aeolus?"
>     - "We have RHEL and use EC2 -  how can I use Aeolus?"
> - Make it more personal. People attach to people, not to code. (I
> already said that in my previous email with things to do)

Justin pointed me to the wiki pages, so the content is already there. it
would be great if this could be linked/included in the 'Use It' section

> Looking forward for your feedback on those things and how many people we
> should bother to make it done ASAP.

I personally like the Aeolus Website, in general. Imho it's very well
structured.

Greets
Marcus