Brainstorming tasks for next sprint

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 18:36:26 UTC 2012

On 02/14/2012 12:17 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 15/02/2012, at 1:25 AM, Matt Wagner wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 09:13:45PM +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
>>> c) Backup and restore scripting (or equivalent utils)
>>>
>>> We seem to have missed making this a core item. :(
>> Do you mean backing up Conductor's database (etc.) to restore, or
>> backing up the instances themselves?
> Not the instances, as they'd be running on the various Clouds, but definitely all of the Aeolus controlled data.

As a side note, we have the ability to start doing things along these
lines w/ the Snap project [1] which I'm hoping to allocate some cycles
to / get back to in the near future.

Mike had a good idea where we could introduce an output formatter and
generate Imagefactory TDLs along w/ snapshots via Snap. That way you
could take a cloud instance and generate a template from it, which can
then be used in conjunction w/ imagefactory to create images for other
provides based on the original instance.

Need to start looking into how long that and the other things that need
TBD will take (there are also some issues / patches that have been
reported via the upstream github project).

Will start putting some preliminary tasks on Redmine for further
consideration. All in all, if we start adding these ideas to redmine
under the 'next sprint candidates' milestones, we can evaluate / review
/ prioritize these stories more formally there.

   -Mo