Brainstorming tasks for next sprint

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 17:17:06 UTC 2012

On 15/02/2012, at 1:25 AM, Matt Wagner wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 09:13:45PM +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
>> c) Backup and restore scripting (or equivalent utils)
>>
>> We seem to have missed making this a core item. :(
>
> Do you mean backing up Conductor's database (etc.) to restore, or
> backing up the instances themselves?

Not the instances, as they'd be running on the various Clouds, but definitely all of the Aeolus controlled data.

So, everything that's in Conductor, but also Image Factory, Image Warehouse, and anything else.

Imagine an Aeolus server has a hard drive failure and needs to be recovered from the ground up.

So, once the software's installed... everything else needs to be restorable from backup.

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Community Manager
http://www.aeolusproject.org