Brainstorming tasks for next sprint

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 15:32:24 UTC 2012

On 14/02/12 10:23 -0500, Tzu-Mainn Chen wrote:
>Speaking of feature work reminds me - I think we also need to set up a sliiightly more formal development process, with things like requirements and design.
>
>I understand that we probably don't want to get excessively bogged down, but I could see something lightweight still being extremely useful - something like requiring developers starting a new feature (as opposed to a bug fix) to use a template to list the requirements of the feature, as well as some high level design notes detailing how it'll be done.  Once it's ACK'd, the developer starts work, and assuming there's an associated BZ, any patches done for the feature can easily be found.
>
>This would increase both visibility and make it easier for others to support the code.

Agree, with the tweak that features and patched (or at least link to patch)
go in redmine.  We only track red hat bugs in BZ, upstream uses our
redmine instance.  Sending feature to list for review is something we
have attempted with marginal success in the past, but I still like the
idea, if only for visibility into what people are trying to add for a
new feature.  We should treat it as a patch review - if you send a
feature to list and get no feedback, pester the heck out of the people
you think should be replying until they do so.

-j