API RFC: Information in deployable #show

Jiří Stránský jstransk at redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 13:45:12 UTC 2012

On 18.12.2012 09:11, Martin Povolny wrote:

>>> Sounds good. We should point to such documentation so people know what the annotations mean.
>>
>> Ok :)
>>

> Is this format generally supported by the tools available? A quick
> search showed me support for XML Schema Time formats but not for
> duration information.

Hmm you're right that there's not much support in Ruby. There is in Java. ;)

I can think of a compromise solution - using only seconds in the duration string. The string would look like "PT12345S". This would be both valid XML Schema duration and very easy to write custom parser for - there's not much to parse. :) And it would also get rid of the ambiguity with leap seconds. Wondering if this solution would get some +1s here.

J.