RFC: Navigation restructuring

Aaron Weitekamp aweiteka at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 16:05:08 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 10:27 AM, Tzu-Mainn Chen wrote:

> Just to address this particular question - in my opinion, it is absolutely a navigation problem.  I agree that the table widget is nice, but that fixes specific pages.  Jaromir's point (which I agree with) is that it's hard to even navigate to that specific page right now.  If a first time user started up Conductor, he'd have no instinctive way to know where to manage providers.
>
> Mainn

Yes, navigation is broken, but just fixing the site map is not a very
difficult problem. Jaromír's wireframes address a deeper issue which is
solved by leveraging a widget model (soon to be part of
Converge-ui/Alchemy?[1]). Along the way, as my post suggests, we're able
to simplify navigation.

-Aaron
[1] https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Server%20Containers
https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Organization