RFC: The case for a default username/password

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 14:56:00 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 02:54:43PM +0100, Jiří Stránský wrote:
> This seems like a similar issue as including default image templates and deployables [1].
>
> Might be nice to include default templates, deployables and admin account when you are setting up Aeolus for development or evaluation, but not for production.
>
> J.
>
> [1] https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/aeolus-devel/2012-December/013436.html

Whoops, sorry for multiple consecutive replies to the same thread. :)

This reminds me of something I've had in the back of my mind for a
while, which is to set up a rake task like "rake dc:setup_demo" that
would populate the database with various sample data -- a few accounts
with different privileges, and a realistic-seeming mix of environments,
pools, templates, and deployables.

It would be really useful for setting up demos, but I think it would
also be really nifty for developers. It's always a pain when I'm doing a
new setup and have to start with an empty database.

For the coup de grâce, "rake dc:demo_instances" could launch a few
instances on mock.