Should we include images templates with next major release?

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 12:26:56 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We have slowly-developing upstream repo of image templates for the existing
Aeolus:

  https://github.com/aeolus-incubator/templates

When we do the next major Aeolus release, it would be useful to include them
"already bundled" in some useful way.

To make it practical though, a few things would need to happen:

 + Update them to use CentOS 6.x

   The templates are using various versions of Fedora at the moment, some
   F16, some F17, etc.

   CentOS 6.x is one of the primary "supported" platforms for next
   upstream release, whereas F16 will be completely EOL soon.  So we're
   probably best to update the templates for CentOS 6.  Won't have to
   update them every 6 months after that. ;)

 + Figure out how to bundle them in said "useful way"

   + Should they be pulled down by dev-tools, and placed on the
     filesystem at suitable location?

   + Should they be pre-populated in Conductor?

     i.e. just needing the "build" button to be pushed

Anyone have thoughts, objections, etc?

If this general concept seems like a good idea, we'll get it added to
the Release Cabal's next agenda to see what can be done with it. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist