Image Management Engine Name Suggestions

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 19:22:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 12:19:26PM -0400, Hugh Brock wrote:

> Factory wraps Oz. Oz is (I believe) so named because it operates in an
> imaginary land (the virtual machine). You get to Oz via Kansas. So, you
> could call the thing Kansas... or maybe more poetically, "tornado" or
> "whirlwind."

The tornado is also what transports Dorothy out of Kansas, so it seems
like a good line of thinking. (I must disclaim that The Wizard of Oz is
a distant memory for me and I'm going by the Wikipedia page.)

How about the term "updraft", associated with tornadoes, which conveys a
sense of movement up towards the clouds? Though the name sounds kind of
dumb.