security update

Aaron Weitekamp aweiteka at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 21:32:01 UTC 2012

On 08/13/2012 04:33 PM, Mo Morsi wrote:
> I created a feature in redmine to track the remaining work on the
> security backlog generated from the last audit. It can be found here:
>
> https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/issues/3693
>
> By this point the process should be fairly established, the remaining
> work is largely a continuation / repetition of the work already done to
> cover the remaining controllers / models (plus a few specific things
> that need to be taken care of). The patches that have been pushed to the
> codebase so far should serve as a good example on how to proceed on this
> front.
>
> As always I'm looking for assistance w/ the security backlog so things
> move along faster. Appreciate it.
>
>    -Mo

This is timely. From an integration QE perspective I'm developing plans
to test CloudForms vulnerabilities as a system. I was just going to
reach out to the list to determine what has been done. I believe our
approach will include some black box pen testing but I don't know where
the priorities are.

I'm reviewing the wiki page on hardening the app and related links.[1]
This is good to see! Do you know what, if any, security testing is
planned outside of this?

I would enjoy working with anyone who has an interest in this effort.
Thanks!

[1]
https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/projects/aeolus/wiki/Hardening_the_app