Explanatory guide text in Conductor?

Jaromír Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 06:54:25 UTC 2012

On 9.8.2012 15:31, Matt Wagner wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 08:55:15AM -0400, Aaron Weitekamp wrote:
>> The great thing is, Katello already has this. See attached
>> screenshot. This is a great move in the direction of sharing UI
>> patterns between projects. Matt, your mock-up is spot-on.
> Thanks for the screenshot! I knew they had some sort of text, but I
> didn't know that they were exactly what I was thinking we should add.
> That's perfect!
>
> It looked like theirs can be dismissed, so I asked them about the
> implementation. They have two things -- one is the ability to dismiss an
> individual helptip (which persists for that user), the other is the
> ability for a user to globally enable/disable the helptips.
>
> I'm excited to learn that this is an established pattern in our "family"
> of apps. That makes this seem much more feasible.
>
> -- Matt
I agree with this approach of individual and global dismiss.

I don't think it would be difficult to implement. Individual dismiss
would work the same way as "close" in current flash messages and for
global one, I guess, we would need just one more attribute per user to
remember his settings and regarding this display helping block or not.

-- Jarda

--
Jaromír Coufal

Interaction Designer
Red Hat Czech s.r.o.

Mobile: +420 724 595 508
E-mail: jcoufal at redhat.com
IRC: jcoufal at #cloudforms-ui, #aeolus, #brno