Explanatory guide text in Conductor?

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 15:11:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 09:31:14AM -0400, Matt Wagner wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 08:55:15AM -0400, Aaron Weitekamp wrote:
> > >
> > The great thing is, Katello already has this. See attached
> > screenshot. This is a great move in the direction of sharing UI
> > patterns between projects. Matt, your mock-up is spot-on.
>
> Thanks for the screenshot! I knew they had some sort of text, but I
> didn't know that they were exactly what I was thinking we should add.
> That's perfect!
>
> It looked like theirs can be dismissed, so I asked them about the
> implementation. They have two things -- one is the ability to dismiss an
> individual helptip (which persists for that user), the other is the
> ability for a user to globally enable/disable the helptips.
>
> I'm excited to learn that this is an established pattern in our "family"
> of apps. That makes this seem much more feasible.

Is this the "tipsy" thing they use?

--H

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey