*Meeting Purpose: * Improve the communication with upstream(community)
*Attendees: *ngomp, dgregor, sly, jdisnard, tkopecek, yzhu, Jana, Egor,
*Meeting Summary:*3 koji stakeholders besides Brew team joined our 2nd koji
community meeting. we mainly talked last meeting actions and Koji recent
update and get the feedback from community.
detail please check our meeting docs:
1.Review last action items
- "office hours" proposal - Every Tue/Thurs 10:00 - 11:00AM US/ET
（welcome your feedback in the meeting notes）
- koji-devel could be there
- which channel? #koji ? #fedora-releng (larger)
- Let's use #koji
- won't be active all the time, but when we have koji conversations
let's have them in #koji
- AI: Send an announcement to koji-devel@
- Research on how do external users use the Message bus plugins:
- Question from mikem: who might use it?
- AI: mark as deprecated in 1.16 and send out an announcement to speak
up if it's still needed(release note+ separate notification)
- Koji 1.15 released on Dec 2017
- Fedora in process of upgrading to 1.15
- Koji 1.16 planning: Mar 28, 2018
- Koji 1.17 planning
3. Community feedback / input
- bootstrap chroot is very important to Mageia. One challenge for koji
is that the repo used to bootstrap is likely different than the repo for
- Maybe use the same repos for both? We already do this for SRPM -> RPM
build chroots. Mock's current bootstrap feature works that way.
- issues around auto-generating the SRPM changelog. Questions around
how to integrate this prebuild script
- Variety of issues related to installing koji. messagebus plugin isn't
compiling. Some other things... (Neal, can you fill in?)
- Opportunity to use Mageia as a way of making installation easier, or
at least documenting it better
- Let's move this to office hours.
- Fedora Releng - Sly
- Schedule: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/28/Schedule
- Beta Freeze was March 6
- In the middle of Fedora 28
- Currently no issues with koji
- Have not started Fedora 29 planning yet
In the 1st Koji Community Meeting, we raised and agreed Koji '*office hour*'
to improve the communication on Koji issues.
We agreed to make the 'office hours' happen on *every Tue/Thurs 10:00 -
- Attendees: who is in koji-devel@
- which channel? #koji
- Effective Date: Mar 13, 2018
- Note: This time may not be good for APAC teammates, feel free to let
us know if you are from APAC and interested in Koji discussion.
Welcome your feedback.