Winged Monkey

Martin Povolny mpovolny at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 06:26:30 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 05:49:35PM -0400, Hugh Brock wrote:
> This doesn't mean PaaS isn't useful, far far from it. But I think there
> are always going to be people who want root on all their VMs, and those
> people are going to want a solid management tool that makes managing
> them easy across platforms. This is what we're banking on with Winged
> Monkey.

I am trying to see the above scenario in term of personae. How would it be?

Bob the administrator who wants a root an all his VMs is going to want a
solid management tool?

I doubt Bob would like a web app. I would bet on Bob wanting a CLI tool.

And then the same Bob would want a tool for Andy the programmer from the
development team to run the machines Bob prepared? Andy would be using
Winged Monkey?

Can you please help me understand where in the above scenario fit the
tools we have or would like to have?

Thanks and regards

--martin

--