Winged Monkey

Chris Wright chrisw at redhat.com
Sat Oct 27 02:09:18 UTC 2012

* Greg Blomquist (gblomqui at redhat.com) wrote:
> > From: "Chris Wright" <chrisw at redhat.com>
> > * Greg Blomquist (gblomqui at redhat.com) wrote:
> > > But, I see this as an opportunity to explore some possibly very
> > > complicated user experience ideas geared specifically to
> > > non-technical
> > > users in a more free-form environment.
> >
> > I see this as really useful.  Esp. if it can translate into getting
> > a UI to users w/out requiring such overhead as full Conductor setup.
> > Lowering the barrier to user participation, getting quick UI feedback
> > is something I think is a big win.
>
> Cool!  That's our goal.
>
> As everyone has pointed out, the administrative pieces don't simply melt
> away because we don't want to deal with them (or, want our users to deal
> with them).  But, hopefully, we can successfully segment the admin
> portions to another application and we can tie into that via an API.

Thank you for saying that.  I had in mind a devops style continuous
deployment as a way to get change to users (and analyze their response to
change) quickly.  Another tenant of that mindset includes well defined
components and using APIs rather than freeform data access across
components (or worse, in a monolithic app).

Lots of positive stuff, glad you're stirring it up ;)

cheers,
-chris