Improvements to Aeolus website

Francesco Vollero fvollero at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 15:55:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:39:43AM -0400, Matt Wagner wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 02:16:22AM +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
> > On 26/10/2012, at 2:10 AM, Francesco Vollero wrote:
> > > Hi Justin,
> > >
> > > i would like to give you few things I guess should be done asap in our website so
> > > that actually fit into website roadmap:
>
> I vote that we complete the move and then fix these. (Or, we can fix
> them in parallel, too. I just don't want us to hold up the move while we
> work on these.)

Indeed.

> > > - Seems that our website is hard to find through the keywords or our goal mission in the search engines
> > > - The navigation through the website is difficult
>
> Not to be nitpicky, but these first two things are *really* open-ended.
> I'm not saying I disagree, but I think we'd be well-served to rephrase
> these as tasks, and be specific -- what keywords aren't we showing up
> for, and what needs to be fixed with our navigation?

Fair enough. Let's look on the piwik and see with the search engine how they reach us.

Moreover try to search for aeolus project without using the word aeolus project, try
with our mission statement or with the purpose of the application.

Note: Those feedbacks are coming from users, not straight from my head.

> > > - The Aeolus license is missing and should be advertised more
> > > - The roadmap is missing or more clearly, is hard to find where is, so people cannot get the content
> > >   easily
>
> I didn't know we had a roadmap on the site. It'd be a great thing to
> have, and to call attention to, though.

In fact we don't have on the website, we have in Wiki but is not easy to find.