Updated Aeolus in F17

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Mon May 7 09:06:30 UTC 2012

On 05/07/2012 10:41 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Hi Mo,
>

> Dne 7.5.2012 10:07, Mo Morsi napsal(a):
>> The rubygem-aeolus-image and aeolus-conductor git repos have been tagged
>> with the latest release and the corresponding RPMS have been build and
>> pushed to rawhide and F17-updates.
>
> Congrats! Good to hear that!
>

>> You may find the updates in bodhi here [1] [2]. The karma is set low (1)
>> since the builds are currently broken there.
>>
>> I've also bumped up the project versions in the Rakefile / Makefile in
>> the git repo so that we can start working towards updating the RPMS in
>> both F16 and F17 after all the current sprint's features make it into
>> the codebase and have been tested by QE.
>
> I'm just wondering if you really want to update the packages in F16?
> Isn't it better to keep F16 in some conserved state, which just works?
> Why to risk regressions due to updates? Actually the same apply for
> F17. Why not focus on bringing up-to-date versions into Rawhide instead?

A few of us talked about this a bit on Friday on IRC and while it's not
black and white, we're leaning towards trading the stability of staying
with fixed versions of Aeolus in Fedora for the flexibility to offer the
latest Aeolus features and bugfixes in the currently supported Fedora
branches.

This is due in part to there being no other packages which depend on
Aeolus so subsequent updates shouldn't currently break anything (and
issues can be resolved and deployed quickly in this manner). When this
turns out to not be the case down the road, we can revisit and revise
this policy.

  -Mo