Bundler, aeolus-image gem from rubygems.org

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 12:59:01 UTC 2012

On 07/08/12 10:11 +0200, Jiří Stránský wrote:
>Hi,
>
>right now the latest aeolus-image gem on rubygems.org is 0.4, which is
>a bit out of date and doesn't work fully with current Conductor from
>master. This forced me to abandon "the Bundler way" and develop with
>system gems.
>
>I want to ask -- should/will we support Bundler development
>environment setup?

We absolutely support bundler development setup, it is the primary
upstream setup (in theory).  Martyn Taylor and I both have push rights
to aeolus-image on rubygems, so I'll make sure we push out the latest
release there sometime today.  I suspect we just forgot last time,
since the actual upstream release process is stil a bit WIP (had been
pretty rpm-centric until fairly recently.

>I know our primary focus is compatibility with packaged gems, but I
>think Bundler is nice for quick tinkering with dependencies without
>actually touching system setup and might come in handy in some
>situations. What do you guys think?

Bundler is for more than quick tinkering - any upstream development
should be done primarily via this method, as it is standard for ruby
projects, or which we are one.

-j