FWIW: Current OpenStack status

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 09:44:03 UTC 2012

On 04/23/2012 11:11 PM, Matt Wagner wrote:

> I'd like to investigate further, but I think I'm fairly far afield from
> my stated objective of investigating the viability of importing images.
> It may be that I'm just around the bend from getting it working, but I'm
> starting to think that the conclusion here is that, in its present form,
> the answer to the task is "Not very viable at the moment." I'd be happy
> to carry on, but only if people think it's a worthwhile endeavor before
> Factory adds support for building for OpenStack.

IMO it seems worthwhile to continue moving towards adding support for
OpenStack in whatever manner we can as that'd be a great feature to use
to demonstrate Aeolus' capabilities.

Going forward we are working to make the image management bits conductor
pluggable so we can swap things in and out. AFAIK it looks like
boxgrinder supports building images for openstack so we should be able
to use that for that scenario until imagefactory supports openstack (at
which point we can just enable the flag to swap that back in)

  -Mo