RFC: All provider config to reside in Conductor

Scott Seago sseago at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 15:11:38 UTC 2012

On 04/03/2012 11:06 AM, Matt Wagner wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 08:26:09PM -0400, Scott Seago wrote:
>>> # Open Questions
>>>
>>> Configure mounts the RHEV nfs export. Should Conductor now be
>>> responsible for mounting it? Or should it simply check the mount
>>> exist and ask the user to mount it if it doesn't? And perhaps
>>> provide a command to perform the mount in a warning message.
>> I would think we'd mount it when adding the provider via conductor.
>> It's actually still possible that, after this work is done,
>> aeolus-configure will still set up providers -- but it will do so via
>> conductor API calls rather  than writing config directly to factory.
>> Mounting the NFS call seems to me like something that belongs to the
>> 'create provider' action, whether it's triggered via API call (with
>> or without configure) or via the UI 'new provider' form.
>>
> Doesn't mounting an NFS filesystem require root?
Oh good point. Hmm. Back to the drawing board here. So how else can we
handle the NFS mount issue while still, for the most part, allowing new
providers to be added completely via the UI? Or does this just make the
whole concept fall apart here, since none of our services should be
running as root after config-time?

Scott