RFV: request for videos

nitesh narayan lal niteshnarayanlalleo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:50:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-04-21 at 11:49 +0000, shreyankg at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are planning to release a video, for FUDCon India 2015, publicity
> > purpose.
> >
> > To that effect, we would like to request volunteers to record
> > selvies (selfie videos, using front camera from your phones, webcam
> > is just fine ). Volunteers are supposed to answer the following
> > questions:
> >
> > * what Fudcon means to you
> > * why should one attend Fudcon
> > * any Fudcon stories
> >
> > The above questions should be taken as general guidelines, and not
> > hard requirements. Try *not* to send email attachments; links to
> > videos hosted on fedorapeople, Google Drive, Dropbox should be
> > acceptable.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Maybe getting in touch with Fedora Videos would help[1]? Nitesh
> already has a set of starting/ending templates that could be modified
> to a FUDCon template? Fedora videos has a trac system and everything
> where things could be tracked too, if the need arises. Some guidelines
> are available here[1]. The crucial one being that all videos should be
> CC friendly.

Its indeed a great idea.
As Ankur said we do have intro/outro
<https://niteshnarayan.fedorapeople.org/fedora_videos/fedora_intro.webm>template
which you could use.
You could get more details on the videos wiki page.
Unfortunately I won't be able to make up for the FUDCon this time but you
could drop me a mail if any help is required.
Once you have the videos ready let me know and I will post them on Fedora's
Vimeo <https://vimeo.com/fedoraproject> channel as well.

> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Videos
> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Videos/Guidelines
>
> --