Fedora Videos Trac

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 05:11:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-23 at 10:22 +0530, nitesh narayan lal wrote:
> Yeah you are right, made the changes.
>
> Thanks for pointing out.

I think we should add "Submit a new video!" to the "You can file a
ticket to:" list. What do you think?

Another thing - I think "Request a new video" and "Make a suggestion for
a future video" are sort of the same thing.

Nitesh, can you make ticket templates for each task, like the
infrastructure team does? We It says "component1,2,3" at the moment -
we could probably have a couple - "Submission" (someone submits a video
for consideration), "Correction" (someone finds a fault we need to
correct), "Request" (someone requests a new video). Basically, these are
in line with the "You can file a ticket to:" list.

For example, the template for a "Submission" would be something along
the lines of:

- Video title
- Video description
- Link to video location
- Link to subtitle tracks if any
- Submitter FAS
- License (CC 4.0 attribution?)
- ...

Milestones would be nice too - should they sync with the fedora release
cycle, or should we have a separate system - monthly/quarterly? (We
could even skip this completely)

Another nice thing to do would be to enable the fedmsg plugin for the
trac - we can then have badges based on tickets - "new suggestion", "new
submission" and the sort?

Catch me on IRC if you need any help. I've done this stuff for the apac
trac before.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,