Making Videos For Ask Fedora Questions

nitesh narayan lal niteshnarayanlalleo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 04:13:52 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The idea's good. However, if you look at implementation details, I see a
> few issues that need to be sorted out first:
>
> On Fri, 2013-10-04 at 07:11 +0530, nitesh narayan lal wrote:
> > Just had a random thought if its possible to give folks an option to
> > make a How-To Videos for answering a question at ask-Fedora.
>
> How do you give them this option? Askbot doesn't have any such feature.
>
> >  If its
> > been accepted as an answer then they will be given few extra Karma
> > points.
>
> How do you give them extra karma points? Again, Askbot doesn't have this
> coded in.
>
> > This would help us to collect number of How-To tutorial videos.
> > Although everyone won't be involved but even if few of them do, we are
> > good.
>
> I think it'll make more sense to find frequently asked questions off
> askfedora, and try to make video solutions to them if applicable. If
> they're already answered, that's even better. These can then be placed
> at multiple locations, including as answers to ask fedora questions. I
> think Marcel, over at mktg, was already planning to make a weekly list
> of good questions.
>
> So,
>
> askfedora -> good questions -> good answers -> make video
>
> rather than,
>
> askfedora -> questions -> video answers -> good answer? bad answer?
> accepted? rejected? better answer given?
>
> What do you think?

Agree, now for starting it, we need to have video solutions for some
commonly asked questions as you said. Then only we can ask it to be put on
the website.
Now the important thing is, who all are interested in doing this.
For that we can send a mail on the ambassadors and marketing mailing list,
hopefully we will find few of them.

> --
> Thanks,
> Warm regards,