[vdsm] vdsClient networking (addNetwork with existing bond)

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Thu Aug 22 06:44:06 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm trying to fix https://bugzilla.redhat.com/999577 which in short is
failing to create bridge specifying a bond interface as nic using vdsClient.

The failing command line is:

'/usr/bin/vdsClient', '-s', 'localhost', 'addNetwork', 'bridge=rhevm', 'vlan=', 'bond=',
'nics=bond2', 'force=False', 'bridged=True', 'BOOTPROTO=dhcp', 'ONBOOT=yes', 'blockingdhcp=true'

I suppose that 'nics=bond2' and 'bond=' are wrong.
I'm searching for a man page or something like that for understanding how to prepare the command line without success.

http://www.ovirt.org/VdsClient is outdated and says anything about networking.

I've seen in http://www.ovirt.org/Vdsm_Network that using a bond should be supported but for the supported topologies
there are no command line examples.

For:

bridge1 ----------- bond --- nic1
                        \
                         -- nic2

I suppose that the command line should have 'bond=bond' 'nics=nic1,nic2' is this right?
If the bond already exists is it enough specifying 'bond=bond', 'nics=' ?

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com