[vdsm] suggesting new Vdsm maintaniner(s)

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu Aug 8 09:00:46 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 04:55:07PM +0300, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> Nominating Toni Puimedon and/or Mark Wu as maintainers
>
> During their recent year-or-two of participation in Vdsm development,
> both Toni and Mark has demonstrated a genuine care for the health and
> evolution of the the project.
>
> They both carry this hard-to-quantify quality of serious-mindedness when
> reviewing patches.
>
> Toni's 73 committed patches touch everything that is related to network
> configuration and reporting
>
>      27 vdsm/configNetwork.py
>      11 lib/vdsm/netinfo.py
>       8 vdsm/API.py
>       8 tests/configNetworkTests.py
>       7 vdsm/netinfo.py
>       7 vdsm/netconf/ifcfg.py
>       5 vdsm/libvirtvm.py
>       4 vdsm/netmodels.py
>
> ... similar to Mark's 80:
>
>      16 vdsm/configNetwork.py
>      12 vdsm/netconf/ifcfg.py
>      12 vdsm/libvirtvm.py
>       7 vdsm/clientIF.py
>       6 lib/vdsm/netinfo.py
>       5 vdsm/caps.py
>       5 vdsm/API.py
>       4 vdsm/vm.py
>       4 vdsm/netmodels.py
>       4 vdsm/Makefile.am
>
> I suggest that both of them obtain +2/-2 rights, in the understanding
> that they are to be used on net-related parts of the code. This is
> particularly important given my nearing, relatively long, vacation.
>
> What do you say?

We've got no objectation, but neither an overwhelming support. Maybe
it's due to the summer season.

To me, it is important to tell whether Toni/Mark only reviewed a patch
(+1) or are completely standing behind it, and going to fix bugs in it
if the author is run over by a bus (God forbid).

Itamar and other board members: if there is no objection within, say,
one week, would you grant the duo +2 rights?

Dan.