[vdsm] [PEP 8] About configuring editor plugins for checking PEP 8

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 11:54:58 UTC 2012

On 11/13/2012 12:16 PM, Zhou Zheng Sheng wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the latest version of pep8 checking tool, the rules are very strict.
> Currently the VDSM project applies a less strict rule set by suppressing
> some errors from pep8. You can find them at Makefile.am . Under the
> "check-local:" target, you will see
>
> --ignore=E121,E122,E123,E124,E125,E126,E127,E128,E241
>

> I know some of us using editor plugins to check pep8 erros. Those
> plugins invoke flake8/pep8 and report errors. To ignore some rules not
> needed by VDSM in the editor, create a file in ~/.config/pep8 and input
> the text as follow.
>
> [pep8]
> ignore=E121,E122,E123,E124,E125,E126,E127,E128,E241

Hi,

I am actually for being more strict than more relaxed. I don't see a
point in saying we're following the PEP8 guidelines and then disabling
them again. Where's the point in that?

It's maybe a pain to get us to a pep8 ready state, but I would prefer to
see no exceptions (ignores).

--
Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com