[vdsm] Need I set "Verified" when submitting a patch ?

Ryan Harper ryanh at us.ibm.com
Wed May 9 18:24:48 UTC 2012

* Mark Wu <wudxw at linux.vnet.ibm.com> [2012-05-09 04:58]:
> Hi Guys,
>       I think people always test their patch before submitting, so
> explicitly setting "verified" is not necessary.  More importantly,
> "verified" by the committer is not  convincible //enough for code
> quality assurance.  What's your opinion?

I believe the Verified check is to have someone with a different
environment apply the patch and test.  This gives us some additional
test to ensure that the patch isn't going to break something before
applying it.

I'm fine with the setting; even without gerrit there are maintainers who
won't take patches that don't have a 'Tested-by:' tag.